نوع مقاله : مقاله پژوهشی
1 استادیار و مدیر گروه مدیریت دانشگاه تبریز، دانشکده اقتصاد و مدیریت، دانشگاه تبریز
2 استادیار گروه مدیریت، دانشکده اقتصاد، مدیریت، دانشگاه تبریز
3 کارشناس ارشد مدیریت دولتی
4 کارشناس ارشد مدیریت بازرگانی
عنوان مقاله [English]
The Impact of Information technology resource and knowledge management capability on competitive advantage
Nowadays, information technology has changed many aspects of everyday life of humans. The present century is the age of information and knowledge, and the information, knowledge and importance of these two are rapidly growing as sources of the organization. So, the organization's management has changed product management to knowledge and information management.
In this research, the impact of three types of information technology resources and knowledge management capabilities on competitive advantage The statistical population of the research was small and medium enterprises (SMEs). Data were collected using a questionnaire survey with managers of SMEs. Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) was used to test the hypotheses. Results showed that Information technology infrastructure and Information technology human resource positively affect knowledge management capability (KMC), which is positively related to competitive advantage.
Keywords: Competitive advantage, Information technology resources, knowledge management capability
5. Alaarj, Saad. Abidin-Mohamed, Zainal. Bustamam, Ummi Salwa Binti Ahmad. (2016). Mediating Role of Trust on the Effects of Knowledge Management Capabilities on Organizational Performance, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 235, 729–738.
6. Alavi, M. & Leidner, D. E. (2001). “Review: knowledge management and knowledge management systems: conceptual foundations and research issues”. MIS Quarterly, 25, 107–136.
7. Alavi, M. Kayworth, T. R. & Leidner, D. E. (2005). “An empirical examination of the influence of organizational culture on knowledge management practices”. Journal of Management Information Systems, 22, 191–224.
8. Amayah, A. T. (2013). “Determinants of knowledge sharing in a public sector organization”. Journal of Knowledge Management, 17, 454-471.
9. APQC (2015). Knowledge Management Priorities Executive Summary. Available from: https://www.apqc.org/knowledge-base/documents/2015-knowledge-management-priorities-executive-summary Accessed 19.01.16.
10. Aragon-Correa, J. A. & Sharma, S. (2003). A contingent resource-based view of proactive corporate environmental strategy. The Academy of Management Review, 28, 71–88.
11. Becerra-Fernandez, I. & Sabherwal, R. (2001). “Organizational knowledge management: a contingency perspective”. Journal of Management Information Systems, 18, 23–55.
12. Bharadwaj, A. S. (2000). “A resource-based perspective on information technology capability and firm performance: an empirical investigation”. MIS Quarterly, 24,169–196.
13. Bock, G. Zmud, R. W. Kim, Y. & Lee, J. (2005). “Behavioral intention formation in knowledge sharing: examining the roles of extrinsic motivators, social-psychological forces, and organizational climate”. MIS Quarterly, 29, 87–111.
14. Capon, N., Farley, J. U., Lehmann, D. R., & Hulbert, J. M. (1992). Profiles of productinnovators among large U.S manufacturers. Management Science, 38, 157–169.
15. Chae, H., Koh, C. E., & Prybutok, V. R. (2014). “Information technology capability and firm performance: contradictory findings and their possible causes”. MISQuarterly, 38, 305–326.
16. Chatterjee, D., Ravichandran, T. (2013). "Governance of interorganizational information system: a resource dependence perceptive”. Information Systems Research, 24, 261-278.
17. Chen, S., & Chang, B. (2012). “The effects of knowledge characteristics and absorptive capacity on the performance of knowledge transfer for SMEs: the moderation views of organizational structure”. The Journal of Human Resource and Adult Learning, 8, 30–45.
18. Chen, Y., Wang, Y., Nevo, S. Jin, J. Wang, L., & Chow, W. S. (2014). “IT capability and organizational performance: the roles of business process agility and environmental factors”. European Journal of Information Systems, 23, 326–342.
19. Choi, S. Y., Lee, H., & Yoo, Y. (2010). “The impact of information technology and transactive memory systems on knowledge sharing, application, and team performance: a field study”. MIS Quarterly, 34, 855–870.
20. Christmann, P. (2000). “Effects of best practices of environmental management on cost advantage: the role of complementary assets”. Academy of Management Journal, 43, 663–680.
21. Chuang, S. (2004). “A resource-based perspective on knowledge management capability and competitive advantage: an empirical investigation”. Expert Systems with Applications, 27, 459–465.
22. Cui, G., & Lui, H. (2005). “Order of entry and performance of multinational corporations in an emerging market: a contingent resource perspective”. Journal of International Marketing, 13, 28–56.
23. Davenport, T. H., & Prusak, L. (1998). Working knowledge: how organizations manage what they know. Boston, US: Harvard Business Press.
24. Davenport, T., & Grovner, V. (2001). “Knowledge Management”, Journal of Management Information Systems, 18, 3-4.
25. Dong, L. (2001). “Modeling top management influence on ES implementation”. Business Process Management Journal, 7, 243–250.
26. Durmusoglu, S., Jacobs, M., Nayir, D. Z., Khilji, S., & Wang, X. (2014). “The quasi-moderating role of organizational culture in the relationship between rewards and knowledge shared and gained”. Journal of Knowledge Management, 18, 19–37.
27. Gold, A. H., Malhotra, A., & Segars, A. H. (2001). “Knowledge management: an organizational capabilities perspective”. Journal of Management Information Systems, 18, 185–214.
28. Gunasekaran, A., Subramanian, N., Papadopoulos, T. (2017). Information technology for competitive advantage within logistics and supply chains: A review, Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 99, 14–33.
29. Holsapple, C. W., & Wu, J. (2011). “An elusive antecedent of superior firm performance: the knowledge management factor”. Decision Support Systems, 52, 271–283.
30. Iyengar, K., Sweeney, J. R., & Montealegre, R. (2015). “Information technology use as a learning mechanism: the impact of IT use on knowledge transfer effectiveness, absorptive capacity, and franchisee performance”. MIS Quarterly, 39, 615–641.
31. Joshi, K. D., Chi, L., Datta, A., & Han, S. (2010). “Changing the competitive land scape: continuous innovation through IT-enabled knowledge capabilities”. Information Systems Research, 21, 472–495.
32. Keen, P. G. W. (1991). Shaping the future: business design through information technology. Cambridge, MA: Harvard Business Press.
33. Lai, F., Li, D., Wang, Q., & Zhao, X. (2008). “The information technology capability of third-party logistics providers: a resource-based view and empirical evidence from China”. Journal of Supply Chain Management, 44, 22–38.
34. Lee, H. & Choi, B. (2003). “Knowledge management enablers, processes: and organizational performance: an integrative view and empirical examination”. Journal of Management Information Systems, 20, 179–228.
35. Li, Y. (2014). “Environmental innovation practices and performance: moderating effect of resource commitment”, Journal of Cleaner Production, 66, 450–458.
36. Lu, Y. & Ramamurthy, K. (2011). “Understanding the link between information technology capability and organizational agility: an empirical examination”. MIS Quarterly, 35, 931–954.
37. Mao, H., Liu, S., & Zhang, J. (2015). “How the effects of IT and knowledge capability on organizational agility are contingent on environmental uncertainty and information intensity”. Information Development, 31, 358–382.
38. Mao, Hongyi. Liu, Shan. Zhang & Deng, Zhaohua. (2016). Information technology resource, knowledge management capability, and competitive advantage: The moderating role of resource commitment, International Journal of Information Management, 36, 1062-1072.
39. Mcdermott, R. (1999). “Why information technology inspired but cannot deliver knowledge management”. California Management Review, 41, 103–117.
40. Melville, N., Kraemer, K., & Gurbaxani, V. (2004). Review: information technologyand organizational performance: an integrative model of IT business value. MISQuarterly, 28, 283–322.
41. Menon, A., Bharadwaj, S. G. Adidam, P. T. & Edison, S. W. (1999). “Antecedents and consequences of marketing strategy making: a model and a test”. The Journal of Marketing, 63, 18–40.
42. Mithas, S., Ramasubbu, N., Krishnan, M. S., Sambamurthy, V; (2009). Information Technology Infrastructure Capability and Firm Performance: An Empirical Analysis.
43. Mohamed, M. Stankosky, M. & Murray, A. (2006). “Knowledge management and information technology: can they work in perfect harmony?” Journal of Knowledge Management, 10, 103–116.
44. Neirottia, Paolo. Raguseo, Elisabetta. (2017). On the contingent value of IT-based capabilities for the competitive advantage of SMEs: Mechanisms and empirical evidence, Information & Management, 54, 139–153.
45. Newman, M., & Sabherwal, R. (1996). “Determinants of commitment to information systems development: a longitudinal investigation”. MIS Quarterly, 20, 23–54.
46. Nielsen, B. B., & Ciabuschi, F. (2003). “Siemens ShareNet: knowledge managementin practice”. Business Strategy Review, 14, 33–40.
47. Pérez-López, S., & Alegre, J. (2012). “Information technology competency: knowledge processes and firm performance”. Industrial Management & Data Systems, 112, 644–662.
48. Richey Jr, Robert Glenn. Musgrove, Carolyn F. Gillisonc, Stephanie T. Gabler, Colin B. (2014). “The effects of environmental focus and program timing on green marketing performance and the moderating role of resource commitment”, Industrial Marketing Management, 43, 1246–1257.
49. Ross, J. W. Beath, C. M. & Goodhue, D. L. (1996). “Develop long-term competitiveness through IT assets”. Sloan Management Review, 38, 31–42.
50. Rusly, F. Sun, P. Y. & Corner, J. L. (2014). “The impact of change readiness on the knowledge sharing process for professional service firms”. Journal of Knowledge Management, 18, 687–709.
51. Sambamurthy, V. & Subramani, M. (2005). “Special issue on information technologies and knowledge management”. MIS Quarterly, 29, 193–195.
52. Sultan, N. (2013). “Knowledge management in the age of cloud computing and Web2.0: Experiencing the power of disruptive innovations”. International Journal of Information Management, 33, 160–165.
53. Tanriverdi, H. (2005). “Information technology relatedness, knowledge management capability, and performance of multibusiness firms”. MIS quarterly, 311-334.
54. Teo, T. S. H., & Bhattacherjee, A. (2014). “Knowledge transfer and utilization in IT outsourcing partnerships: a preliminary model of antecedents and outcomes”. Information & Management, 51, 177–186.
55. Tseng, S. (2008). “The effects of information technology on knowledge management systems”. Expert Systems with Applications, 35, 150–160.
56. Wade, M., & Hulland, J. (2004). Review: the resource-based view and information systems research: review, extension: and suggestions for future research. MIS Quarterly, 28, 107–142.
57. Wagner, S. M., Buko, C. (2005). “An empirical investigation of Knowledge-Sharing in networks”. Journal of Supply Chain Management, 41, 17–31.
58. Wu, F., Yeniyurt, S., Kim, D., & Cavusgil, S. T. (2006). The impact of informationtechnology on supply chain capabilities and firm performance: aresource-based view. Industrial Marketing Management, 35, 493–504.
ارسال نظر در مورد این مقاله